This free family history website by the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht offers access to databases and a 'one-stop' search facility. Online databases include:
• Church records - with access to 3+ million pre 1900 church record transcripts. Currently Church of Ireland records for Dublin City, Kerry and Carlow are available plus Roman Catholic records for Dublin City, the Diocese of Kerry and the Diocese of Cork & Ross. There are also some Presbyterian records for Dublin. Free digital images of the original records are online if available.
• Indexes to the Historic Civil Records - These indexes to the Irish civil registration records date from 1864 with non-Roman Catholic marriages from 1845. Use this site to search for births over 100 years, marriages over 75 years and deaths over 50 years. The birth indexes from 1900 lists the mother's maiden name and exact date. The marriage indexes from 1882 lists the spouse’s name and exact date. Using the data from this site you can buy an uncertified photocopy of the certificate for research purposes only for Euro €4.00. You must apply by post and an application form can be Downloaded Here. Photocopies can be posted + €2.00 for postage overseas or emailed.
This site also offers a simple, initial, ready-made search of the following sites:
• The 1901 census and 1911 census
• Indexes to Registers of Births Deaths and Marriages
• Griffith's Valuation
• The Tithe Applotment Books
• The National Archives of Ireland Collection of Soldiers' Wills
• The records of the Bureau of Military History
• The online catalogue of the National Library of Ireland
• The US immigration records of Ellisisland.org and CastleGarden.org
• The Ireland-Australia Transportation database
• The records in National Archives of Ireland collection "Women in 20th-century Ireland-1922-1966: sources from the Department of the Taoiseach database"
• The records of the Royal Irish Academy's Digital Humanities Observatory