IrishGenealogy.ie is a free family history website by the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht. The online data includes:
• Church records - access 3+ million pre 1900 Church of Ireland records for Dublin City, Kerry and Carlow; Roman Catholic records for Dublin City, the Diocese of Kerry and the Diocese of Cork & Ross and some Presbyterian records for Dublin. Free digital images online if available.
• Civil records - with Irish civil registration indexes from 1864 and non-Roman Catholic marriages from 1845. Search for births over 100 years, marriages over 75 years and deaths over 50 years. Free register images online for births 1864-1916; marriages 1870-1941 and deaths 1878- 1966 with marriages back to 1845 and deaths to 1864 to be added.
Note: The birth indexes from 1900 lists the mother's maiden name and exact date. The marriage indexes from 1882 lists the spouse’s name and exact date. If a free image is not available you can buy an uncertified photocopy of the certificate for research purposes only for Euro €4.00. You must apply by post and an application form can be Downloaded Here. Photocopies can be posted + €2.00 for postage overseas or emailed.
There is also a ‘one stop’ single online search across the following sites:
• The 1901 census and 1911 census
• Indexes to Registers of Births Deaths and Marriages
• Griffith's Valuation
• The Tithe Applotment Books
• The National Archives of Ireland Collection of Soldiers' Wills
• The records of the Bureau of Military History
• The online catalogue of the National Library of Ireland
• The US immigration records of Ellisisland.org and CastleGarden.org
• The Ireland-Australia Transportation database
• The records in National Archives of Ireland collection "Women in 20th-century Ireland-1922-1966
• Records of the Royal Irish Academy's Digital Humanities Observatory
TIP: Check the surname variants that this ‘one stop’ search provides